Badger Daylighting Corp. Welder, Journeyman - Red Deer, AB in Red Deer, Alberta
Badger Daylighting is currently recruiting for a 3rd year or Journeyperson Welder. We are looking for individuals in the welding trade program or journeyman, who has excellent fabrication skills, takes pride in their work, and is committed to the job.
· Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
· Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in
order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
· Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work
processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
· Competent in all steel welding practices.
· Ability to work safely with little supervision.
· Other assigned work as required
· Follow Badger best practices.
· Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards in the area. Badger is a safety oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry.
· 3 years of related experience.
· Proficient in SMAW, GMAW welding in all positions.
· Must have own work boots and helmet.
· Must be a registered Alberta apprentice, Alberta Certified Journeyperson , or have an Interprovincial Red Seal Endorsement.
· Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
· Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
· Able to work well under pressure both in a team and independently.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
· Computer literate.
· Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Candidate will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which includes criminal background check, credit check and drug and alcohol test. We also require supervisory references and education verification.
*About Badger Daylighting *
Badger Daylighting is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. We are publically traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’). Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations.
*Why Badger *
Badger is a leader in the Hydrovac and environmental services industry because of our great people and their customer focus. Be part of a team with the opportunity to develop new ideas and find innovative ways to solve problems.
Badger Daylighting offers competitive salary, an incredible work environment, training and career advancement opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefit program, which includes Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching Retirement Savings Program and Vacation / Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internal applicants are reminded to discuss their intention to apply with their supervisor before submitting an application.
Organization: *Badger Daylighting LP
Title: Welder, Journeyman - Red Deer, AB
Location: CAN-AB-Red Deer
Requisition ID: 211169
Badger Daylighting is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.